Friday, June 25, 2010

My June Excitement

Today Matt, Ruby, and I are headed up to Logan for the weekend. The Harmons Best Dam Bike Ride is tomorrow morning. My goal is to ride 100 miles. I think I can do it. I have been riding in the mornings with Janny, Matt's sister. It has been so much easier on my knees. We are staying at a hotel tonight with a swimming pool so Ruby will get to swim for her first time. I am excited. It will be a nice little vacation before our big one in Socorro in a week. Anyway wish me luck.

Two weeks ago my dad came up to run a half marathon with me. It was a lot of fun. We both finished. I ran a 1:58. I did not beat my record, but this is the first time I ran the whole time. Below is a picture of Ruby and I after the finish. She is enjoying the taste of my medal. (No, I did not win, but I am special because they gave me a participant medal. How sweet.) Hopefully I can get my mom to send me the picture of my dad and I and us finishing the race. I will post them later. As you can tell Ruby is still in her PJs. The race started at 5:30 in the morning. It was cold at the top of the canyon. It even rained on us a couple of times during the race.

No comments: